Ceramic sand for No-bake sand casting is a spherical shape with a low angle coefficient. The quantity of resin binder required is lower by using ceramic sand. The ball shape of ceramic sand makes good fluidity, which is convenient for the core shooter machine to shoot out the sand. Cerasand has much better properties than Quartz sand in foundry. It has high refractoriness, little thermal expansion, good angular coefficient, excellent flowability, High resistance to wear, crush and thermal shock, high reclamation rate.
● Good flowability and low angularity coefficient because of the ball shape of ceramic sand. When working with the core shooter, the sand is easy to go to small corners. Thus, it will get a smoother casting surface.
● Most of the chemical content of ceramic sand is Al2O3 and SiO2. It has high anti-thermal ability up to 1800℃. There don’t exist acid or alkali in the sand. So it won’t get a reaction with resins or molten steel. That feature can improve the surface quality of the casting.
● The particle size distribution is controlled by the sieving process. Ceramic sand is artificial foundry sand, so we could control the particle size distribution to customers’ requirements. And there are fewer fines in the sand.
● High reclamation rate. Both Thermal and mechanical reclamation. Offers longer work life and reduction of sand usage.
● High collapsibility. Sintered Ceramic sand spherical shape compared with angular shaped grains allows for easier separation from cast parts and improved collapsibility resulting in lower scrap and casting efficiency.
● Lower Thermal expansion and Thermal Conductivity. Casting dimensions are more accurate and lower conductivity provides better mold performance.
● Lower bulk density. As artificial ceramic sand is about half as light as fused ceramic sand(black ball sand), zircon and chromite, it can turn out about twice the number of molds per unit weight. It can also be handled very easily, saving labor and transfer power costs. However, attention should be given to the amount of binder addition.
● Requires 30-50% less resin than silica sand or quartz sand.
● Castings are coated with little or no coating.
● Can be used as a single sand.
● Stable supply. Annual capacity 200,000 MT to keep the fast and stable supply.
Parts of Particle size Distribution
The particle size distribution can be customized according your requirement.
● Work with resins such as the furnace, Alkaline-phenolic, water glass.
● High alloy cast steel and carbon steel.
● Low carbon steel and stainless steel valve parts.
● Stainless steel, manganese steel, high chromium cast iron.
Post time: Dec-30-2021